Monday, May 17, 2010

Pre-P90X: The justification







So I'm starting the P90X system today, and will continue to blog about my post-workout experiences throughout the program (those unfamiliar with P90X: FGIA [those unfamiliar with FGIA: Fucking Google It Asshole, a term I credit to Chris Fata]). My reasons for starting this program are three-fold:
1. Excellent marketing campaign by BeachBody. You win late-night P90X infomercials.
2. Boredom. I'm uninterested with my current workout routine, which really only occurs a few times per month.
3. Competition. Honestly, I was only sort of thinking about trying this system until my buddy Kris Denton decided he was going to do it as well, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let him get ripped as I continue to pad my waste line with memory foam.

That being said, I'm not terribly unhappy with the way I look now, but am curious to see what the results will be if I stick to the extreme regimen. The diet will be the true challenge. Currently, I don't pay too much attention to what I'm eating, but try to maintain a balance. I'm probably WAY over my daily caloric allotment. I will be taking a ton of supplements as well to try to maximize the results. I didn't purchase any P90X products and found pretty much everything at Vitamin Shoppe. I followed a list of products laid out for me that include: Multivitamins and fish oils, Daytime Whey Protein, nighttime Whey Protein, Pre-Workout Drink, Post-Workout Recovery Drink, and Protein Bars. My shelf now loo
ks like this:


This is running on a bit, so I'll wrap it up. Here are my before photos:


The primary function of this blog is accountability. I think that I will be more successful if i know people are possibly watching me, so feel free to leave a message from time to time. And we're off!

1 comment:

  1. I'm watching you, and if you fail I will make you feel ashamed of yourself.

    ReplyDelete