Monday, May 24, 2010

Day Eight (Chest and Back)

I didn't see as much improvement in my numbers from last week as I'd hoped for. I was able to do about the same number of pull-ups and push-ups, but this week I was able to do the exercises from the DVD continuously. Last week I spent a bunch of time changing weights back and forth because I only had two handles and didn't know how much to do for each exercise. I also had to keep pausing the DVD to run upstairs to do pull-ups. Today, I did them in my room and used my closet door for the pull-up bar, so I didn't have to stop at all. Also, I purchased two more handles and a few more weight plates so now i have a couple for lighter weight and a couple for heavier weight, reducing the time I was spending changing back and forth.

Its a great work out, but I have trouble believing that it can completely replace what I do on a bench press. My chest feels pumped up, but it doesn't feel sore the way that it does if I'm pressing a bar off my chest, or doing cable flies. I guess we'll see in 90 days.

Ab Ripper X was still incredibly difficult, but I found that I was lasting a little longer on some of the moves than I did the previous time. By the end of it I am completely wasted tho.

Diet was fine again today. For breakfast, I had an english muffin, cheese omlette, coffee, and cottage cheese mixed with strawberries so it was pretty filling. Lunch was grilled lemon pepper chicken with carrots and green beans followed by a vanilla protein shake. Dinner was pork chops, steamed zuchini and a baked potato with mango salsa. I actually didn't feel like I was dieting today, and I think the extra carb I got from the english muffin did the trick. Like I said yesterday, I'm cheating a bit by having a half portion of extra carb per day, but its satisfying my cravings, so I'm fine with it. I also had a lemon drop martini when I got home. Not sure exactly where that fits in.

Tomorrow is Plyometrics, and I'm definitely dreading it. My legs are just feeling normal, and by tomorrow afternoon they'll be fried again. So it goes. Eight down, 82 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment