Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 5 (Back and Legs)

This was another difficult, but bearable day. I like that the first few days of the week in this cycle are extremely difficult, and the later ones gradually get easier and easier. If they were all super intense, it would make each day feel like punishment and I wouldn't want to start it all over again come Monday.

The back workout is mostly pullups, which I've started looking forward to because I can really feel it. I still max out at only 7-8 overhand pull-ups (the guys in the DVD do like 25 as if its nothing), but now when I do multiple sets, I can do 3-4 before I need chair assistance. On day one, I maxed out on the first set and then found it difficult to do more than two unassisted for the following sets.

The leg workout was tough, but I took it easy because I was still recovering from plyometrics. My quads were still extremely sore and I couldn't walk normally for the third straight day. The leg exercises are a bunch of lunge type moves that you can add weight to if you'd like, but I didn't. It was hard enough and I thought it would give me something to work toward next week. I really liked the calf raises because the three moves we did focused intensely on the entire muscle.

I ran out of time for Ab Ripper X and would have to do it Saturday with the Kenpo X.

Today I was really craving an extra starch in my diet. I had a steak for dinner, but just veggies and fruit on the side and it didn't really hit the spot. Though it was slightly unsatisfying, I dealt with it and didn't cave in.

Later we met up with some friends at the Comedy Store in Hollywood, and saw some equally unsatisfying comedy while paying $9 each for well vodka-sodas. The nutrition plan doesn't really mention anything about drinking alcohol, but I think it just goes without saying that it is not recommended. If I do drink, I will try to keep it as low-cal/low-carb as possible. Five down, 85 to go...

3 comments:

  1. According to this article, White Zinfandel has the least amount of calories as far as wine goes. I think it's perfect! It tastes great and you can buy a whole box of it for cheap. We can call it Chris's awesome diet drink.

    Food for thought:
    http://fatlossschool.com/blog/low-calorie-alcohol-drinks/

    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/low-calorie-cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check that out. I only drink sunset blush white zin, and it has to be poured straight from the spout, two feet away, into my mouth.

    ReplyDelete