Monday, May 24, 2010

Day Six (Kenpo)

This workout is designed for cardio, and is basically kickboxing. I'm not in love with it, but I can see why its a part of the program. I've never taken Martial Arts, so I'm pretty clumsy with most of the punches and kicks. That made it difficult for me to get a solid aerobic workout from this because I couldn't add a lot of intensity to the moves. I was still sweating pretty good, but it was no where near the calorie burner that basketball or volleyball is.

Because I am fairly active and play volleyball or basketball at least 3 times per week, I can see Kenpo being the day I skip if I'm a little busy, as I don't really need it. I actually played BVB (beach volleyball) for about 2 hours before the Kenpo, and finished with Ab Ripper X, so I got a good amount of exercise for the day. Ab Ripper X is still extremely intense, and I am unable to do all the core routines without taking a break. They say by the end of Ab ripper X you've done 339 ab moves, but I probably do about 275 at this point.

Today was the first time my cravings got the best of me. As I've said, in the Fat Burner phase of the diet they only allow you to have one portion of carbohydrate (not incuding fruits and veggies) per day, and I had mine for breakfast in the form of an english muffin. By dinner I was really graving a starch or some bread. I worked a late shift and had fish and veggies, but included a baked potato with salsa. I ate at like 7:30, and wasn't able to eat a protein bar later in the night, so I was starving by 1 am when I got home. I snacked on carrots and a protein shake, but it didn't do the trick. I had to have some bread, so I had an english muffin to cap it off. It was exactly what I needed. Each english muffin counts as half a portion of Carbohydrate, so I was a full Carb portion over my allotment for the day. I'm probably going to modify my diet to include two portions of carbs daily now, because I seem to be craving it so much. I also don't have as much fat to burn as others who are doing this program so I don't need as drastic a diet. In Phase two, you are allowed 3 carbs per day, so I figure I'm meeting in the middle. Six down, 84 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment