Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day Two (Plyometrics)

Tony (the instructor) calls this the mother of all p90x routines. Its tough. Almost unbearable at times. I had to pause the DVD quite a bit to let my legs recover. Its a ton of jumping into squat positions over and over, with back to back routines. I think its something like 23 or 25 variations that go on for about 30 seconds to a minute each, and then you repeat them all. Almost non stop for 50 minutes. Even though I never lift weights with my legs, I am pretty physically active (play basketball, volleyball, etc...), and this was still incredibly difficult for me. But it can only get easier right? Right? This will definitely be the day I don't look forward to for the next 3 weeks.

In addition to this ridiculous workout, I played about 2 and half hours of sand volleyball to round out my evening. The light rain we had earlier in the day took a 5 hour break just in time for volleyball instruction at 5:30 and I couldn't resist, despite my heavy legs. Definitely worth it as it was pretty warm and its always amazing to be finishing up a game as the sunsets just beyond the pier. Needless to say I was wiped by the end of it and my legs are really burning when I walk up stairs.

The diet is still less demanding than I anticipated, tho I understand it is only the 2nd day. I expected to be hungry all the time, or that the food would be super bland, but its not that much different than the way I normally eat if I cook for myself (minus the protien shakes, bars, vitamins, and supplements). Of course I wouldn't be using egg whites, and my potato would have loads of butter, sour cream, and possibly bacon, but I'm not really missing it yet. What I am craving a bit is bread. In this phase of the diet, I can only really have one full serving of either bread/potato/rice per day, and that usually means at dinner. Again, this is the fat burner month so i can look forward to welcoming back my doughy friends in phases 2 and 3. That's a wrap for today. Tomorrow is shoulders and arms, which I anticipate being annoying because I still don't have the right number of dumbbells and thus will be doing a lot of adding and removing weight from my handles. Two down, 88 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment