Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Days 13 and 14 (Kenpo and Rest/Stretch)





I skipped both of these days this week because I played BVB from 11-3pm on Saturday and then went straight to work. It was a perfect day, and I got as good of a work out (if not better) running around in the sand than I would have doing Kenpo. It was a really great day. We had about 30 people hanging out and playing in Manhattan beach. Temp was about 75 and incredibly sunny.

After work, my GF and I drove down to San Diego for a short getaway. Sunday we took in a Padres day game (they beat the Nationals in the 11th inning on a walk off hit BTW), then went to a sushi dinner in La Jolla with friends, followed by a night out in PB, and later Downtown. Monday, we shot over to La Jolla shores and had lunch at a great little Italian place called Osteria Romantica. Then it was on the road back to LA. No traffic luckily.

We had great seats for the game, right down the third base line, lower level. They weren't actually our seats, but they're always open (I've sat in them before) and the usher doesn't ever check your tickets. I won't say which section exactly because its a great kept secret, but we basically buy "Park Passes" ($5), or the cheapest tix we can purchase, and go there every time.

I slipped off the diet a little on this trip, but I wasn't too bad. Mostly just additional carbs. I was on vacation, so I wanted to be satisfied with my breakfast, lunch, and dinner choices. Before the game we got brunch at a great place downtown called Zanzibar and I had an eggwhite omlette with a bunch of veggies in it. It also had mozzarella cheese and Fetta, which I could have ommitted, but chose not to. I had two beers at the game, with some healthy snacks I brought, and a bloody mary when it was over. Before dinner, we had mimosas at Prospect over-looking the water in La Jolla. We went to Sushi on the Rock next door and had a bunch of rolls with edamami and a sake bomb. I didn't over do it and stopped when I was relatively full. I had a few more drinks as the night went on, but tried to keep it low calorie with vodka soda. That's where the real diet slippage occurred, but it was a really good time, so worth it. For lunch today I had a chicken panini and a mozzarella caprese, but didn't eat all the bread in the sandwhich like I normally would.

It was a great little trip, and even though I didn't follow the diet to a T, I kept it within reason and really enjoyed myself. I feel like straying from the nutrition plan from time to time is necessary to keep it from feeling like a punishment. 14 down, 76 to go...

1 comment:

  1. I'm taking the credit for finding the Italian place. I was so crabby and hungry that I couldn't walk another second.

    Your blog is a lot more entertaining these days. <3

    ReplyDelete