Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 22 (Yoga X)

This was the first day of the recovery, core week. The was the program works is that you work out with heavy resistance and tear-down muscles for three week, then you give them sort of a break to rebuild for a week. In that week you do Yoga X and Core Synergistics a couple of times, as well as Kenpo for cardio, but no real weight lifting, push-ups, or pull-ups.

I really want to just pound my chest and back because I've been getting some decent results so far, and haven't done so in a week. It seems like all the work i just did would just start going away if I stop pushing it, but I have to just trust the system and know that by allowing everything to repair, I can get even stronger in the weeks to come. (I cheated a bit and did one set of pull-ups just to get the blood flowing in my arms, chest, and back. Immediately I felt guilty and will try to refrain for the rest of the week)

Yoga X was good today, and I was a little more balanced in the moves than in previous weeks. There is one set of moves where I am on only one leg for what seems like 5 minutes that I am having trouble with because the sides of my calves, and quads get extremely fatigued. I fall out of it from time to time, so this will be my focus to improve upon.

By the end of Yoga X I feel a little shaky from holding every pose for so long. It's still a little boring to me as it is an hour and a half, with a bunch of repetition, but I can see how it is worth while. 22 down, 68 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment