Sunday, August 29, 2010

DAY 90 (P90X COMPLETED)









UPDATE

Finished! Though, I did have a minor setback as you'll see in the photos. A week-and-a-half before I completed, I slipped on some stairs at work and fractured a metacarpal bone in my left hand. For the last few weeks I've had to wear a hard splint on my forearm to my hand and have obviously not been able to lift weights or do push ups. Luckily, I was at the very end of the program, and only missed one heavy resistance day (Friday's Legs and Back routine). I was still able to do cardio X, Ab ripper X, and run, so I my cardio week to finish up was relatively uninterrupted.

PHOTOS

(Compare day-one photos here at Pre-P90X: The Justification)
As you can see, I kind of plateaued after day 60, not putting on any more size, but continuing to tone and slim my midsection. I'm still really happy with the results, and felt much stronger at the end of day 90 than day 60, increasing most of the weight I was lifting by about 5 lbs. per dumbbell. Unfortunately, due to the injury, I was unable to perform the final fit test (which you take before you start), so I don't know how many total push ups I could do, what my final vertical leap is, or how many pull-ups I could do until failure. However, based on my workout worksheets where I kept track of each session, I can say that by my last workout, I could do 18 overhand pull-ups consecutively (only 8 on day one), and barely feel fatigued after 50 push ups (which was my max before I started).

FINANCIAL INVESTMENT OF P90X

A lot of people have asked me how much it costs to do this program so I decided to tabulate everything I purchased including equipment and supplements. My grocery bills also doubled due to the massive addition of produce and meats, but I didn't keep track of those exact figures so they aren't included (but should definitely be considered).

P90X Workout Program including DVD's and workbooks (I borrowed this from a friend, but this is what it goes for): $153.4 (Tax included)

Equipment:

Yoga mat: $14.99
Additional Foam mat for ab ripper (not necessary but recommended): $24.99
Door Chin-up bar: $29.99
4 dumbell handles: $35.96
Weight Plates (about $1/lb.): $89.16
TOTAL
$214.11 (tax included)


Suplements:

Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein (1) 2lb. tub: $31.99
ON Casein Protein (2 @$31.99) : $63.98
Whey Protien Powder by Muscle milk (6lb. bag) : $32.99
N.O.-Xplode (2) @ 38.88) : $77.76
MRI WAR Berry Attack Recovery (3 @46.99): $140.97
Pure Protein Bars 32G Protein (60 @2.79): $167.40
GNC Men's Mega Men Mutli-V's : $33.99
Coral Calcium: $15.99
Fish Oils: $9.44

TOTAL
$630.52 (tax included)

GRAND TOTAL (For 3 months):
________________________
$998.03

CONCLUSION

Though it was pricier than I originally expected, I definitely think that it is has been a worthwhile experiment that I hope will have lasting results. The diet plan has been a great tool that I will continue to use, as I've become accustomed to eating healthy and actually prefer more nutritious options. I will continue doing P90X resistance routines 2-3 times/week (once my hand heals of course) to maintain the fitness levels I've established, including one day of yoga, or running as well. As they say in the pamphlet, fitness is a lifelong challenge, but when you're investing in your health, its worth the effort.

1 comment: